Welcome to Probiotics NZ.
We are building a new website-we go live on 7th November! If you have trouble placing your order please contact our pharmacy- Nicola Johns Pharmacy P 09 5283391- for help.
Pomi-T price is now $38 for 60 capsules.
World Antibiotic Awareness Week 2017
World Antibiotic Awareness Week 2017 is from 13 to 19 November.
This year’s World Health Organization (WHO) theme is seek advice from a qualified health care professional before taking antibiotics.
Antibiotics are a precious resource, so it is important to get the right advice before taking them. This not only ensures you and your family get the best treatment, but responsible use of antibiotics will also help reduce the threat of antibiotic resistance.
Key messages for World Antibiotic Awareness Week 2017
- Antibiotics are a precious resource. These medicines are essential for treating bacterial infections in both humans and animals
- Antibiotic resistance stops an antibiotic from working effectively against bacteria – meaning some infections may become impossible to treat
- Antibiotics are difficult to make. There are very few new ones being developed, which is why it is important we use those we have wisely and make sure these life-saving medicines continue to stay effective for ourselves and future generations
- Antibiotic resistance is a worldwide problem that affects us all. Without antibiotics, we could face a situation where cancer treatments such as chemotherapy, organ transplants and other medical procedures are no longer possible. Bacterial infections which are treatable today could become deadly
- Inappropriate use of antibiotics contributes to antibiotic resistance. Inappropriate use includes:
- Inappropriate prescribing
- People sharing their medicines
- Not taking antibiotics as recommended.
- Taking antibiotics against cold or flu viruses won’t help people feel better faster. Antibiotics are effective against bacterial infections only. They do not work against viral infections
- Follow the advice of health professionals on how to take antibiotics
- In August 2017, New Zealand began implementing a five-year Antimicrobial Resistance Action Plan to minimise the impact of antimicrobial resistance to human, animal and plant health. The Ministry of Health and Ministry for Primary Industries are working with a wide range of groups and organisations on action plan activities covering five different areas: awareness and understanding; surveillance and research; infection prevention and control; antimicrobial stewardship; and governance, collaboration and investment.
- It is important we use antibiotics the right way, at the right dose, at the right time, for the right duration
- By using antibiotics carefully, bacteria are less likely to become resistant to them
- Talk to your health professional about whether you are likely to have a bacterial infection needing antibiotics, or a viral infection which antibiotics won’t help
- Everyone has a part to play in reducing antibiotic resistance:
- Hand washing can help prevent the spread of germs, reducing the need for antibiotics
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and putting the used tissue in a waste bin can help reduce the spread of germs
- Never use ‘leftover’ antibiotics or share your antibiotics with others. Return unused medicines to your pharmacy for appropriate disposal
A testimonial from one of our customers
"I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease in 2015 and since then have tried many treatments to support healing. In December 2016 I started using the Natren Probiotics range (Dairy - Lifestart, Superdophilus, Bifidonate and Bulgaricum) and was blessed with a dramatic improvement in my health, including improved digestion, more energy and vitality, less pain and discomfort and increased weight. I strongly believe that the Natren Probiotics have played a major part in my recovery and thank Nicola and Probiotics NZ for the excellent service they provide in making Natren Probiotics available in NZ." J.B. West Coast, South Island, NZ.
"As someone with an Inflammatory Bowel Disease, I have had a compromised immune system and often am plagued with painful mouth ulcers. I have found great success chewing Solgar Wild Oregano Oil capsules, to help quickly alleviate any signs of a sore throat and rapid healing of mouth ulcers. One word of warning though - the Oregano Oil is very powerful and will sting for about a minute in your mouth as you chew on the capsule. This soon disappears and after doing it a few times you get used to the major discomfort! No pain, no gain. I would recommend using with caution, only when needed, and not with young children." J.B. West Coast, South Island, NZ.
Natren probiotics are manufactured to pharmaceutical level GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice). This means they are "top quality" probiotics. Your probiotic order arrives to your door in a chilly bin with ice gel packs to keep them cold. Please note, our orders are sent out Monday to Wednesday only so if you order any time after Tuesday, your order will leave the following Monday due to refrigeration requirements.
Here are new "news" for August: go to NEWS page....
Could a Sweet Tooth in Pregnancy Spur Allergies in Kids?
As maternal sugar intake rose, so did allergies and asthma in kids by age 7, study found
NZ's The Bowel Cancer Foundation Trust quotes : Probiotics re populate the digestive tract with the healthy bacteria restoring our natural balance.
Pharmacy led Probiotics NZ say they are seeing an increase in intestinal digestive disorders and bowel irregularities.
“We are seeing many people with conditions that have resulted from taking too many antibiotic courses.”
Pomi T , has four super foods squeezed into a capsule for a convenient way to boost your daily healthy polyphenols. Our Pomi T is the original, authentic brand and is the only available polyphenol rich food supplement which has been clinically evaluated in a double blind, placebo, controlled, government approved trial adhering to EU Good Clinical practice , ethical guidelines See cancernet.co.uk/pomi-t-htm.
A healthy intestinal function is critically important to overall health. Growing numbers of people lack vitality and suffer from complaints like allergies, headaches, lack of energy, excessive fatigue, digestive disorders, along with a variety of emotional states ranging from mild depression to mood swings and anxiety. Natren probiotics are specifically designed to positively effect each part of the gastrointestinal tract and help these symptoms.
Natren probiotics are pharmaceutical grade quality probioitcs- audited GMP Good Manufacturing Practice to pharmaceutical level- the gold standard. You can trust their quality.
Please use our contact page to get in touch with us or phone us on 09 5283391. We can help you choose the right probiotic for you.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Regards, Nicola Johns, Pharmacist